HILLARY CLINTON’S STEADFAST SUPPORT OF ISRAEL
- Hillary Clinton has been a staunch supporter of Israel for her entire career.
- In her book, Hard Choices, she wrote about her work with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as Secretary of State saying, “Despite our policy differences, Netanyahu and I worked together as partners and friends… But even when we disagreed, we maintained an unshakable commitment to the alliance between our countries.”
- Hillary Clinton has forcefully rejected Iran’s push for nuclear weapons.
- As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton built and maintained a coalition to enact the toughest sanctions in Iran’s history.
- Secretary Clinton helped avert all-out war in Gaza by negotiating a cease-fire between Israelis and Palestinians.
- In the Senate, Hillary was “an outspoken defender of Israel and representative for American Jews,” according to CNN.
- By 2008, “a number of Jewish Democrats said her record with the community was unprecedented,” according to CNN.
- Hillary was an early supporter of Israel’s right to build a security barrier.
- Hillary joined Palestinian Media Watch in exposing anti-Israel and anti-Semitic biases in Palestinian schools.
- Hillary introduced legislation calling for the immediate release of Israeli soldiers held by Hamas and Hezbollah.
- Hillary cosponsored the Palestinian Anti-Terrorism Act in 2006 to block foreign assistance to Hamas.
- Hillary cosponsored the Syrian Accountability Act to pressure Syria to halt support for terrorism in the Middle East.